Dana's Thoughts

my blog about everyday stuff, stuff that happens, stuff that bugs me, stuff I'm doing...all kinds of stuff.

Nov 3, 2007

It's Been A While...

I apologize. I'm a bad blogger. But I'm here now, and that's all that matters.


Lately, I've been busy with work. A lot busy, actually. So busy that I'm dropping a class next semester because I don't have time to do my homework. I'm barely finding the time to do the homework for the class I'm taking. So, that sort of sucks, but college isn't exactly paying my bills. School has me a little pissed off anyway. This past Thursday, we (the students) walked out on the professor because he was arguing with a student. It wasn't a disagreement argument, it was a a full blow, yelling and screaming match. Totally ridiculous. I personally, don't have time to sit around and watch two grown men scream at each other like five year olds. So, it was sort of a big deal, and it left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm thinking maybe the break isn't such a bad thing.


Last night was another happy hour for a another co-worker who is leaving the firm. I've been to so many happy hours lately, that I think it's left me permanently happy. This HH was at Laclede Street. Every time I go to that damn place, I get shitty. The drinks are so cheap, and they tend to make you two fist them. Great. So, anyway, after the drunken happy hour, Chris, Cindy, and I headed out to Michael's Post Halloween party. It was a good time. There was a huge bonfire, and a spooky hayride. Fun! Of course, I paid for the fun today by sleeping until 2pm.


Right now, I'm watching A Mighty Heart, the Daniel Pearl story. So far, it's not bad. Angelina has a really shitty French accent though.


Watching this movie reaffirms my distaste for the ignorance of people. Religious wars have their place. I do believe that. But, I also believe that the turbulence in the middle east has turned into something totally separate now. It's like they started fighting for the right reasons, and then forgot what they were fighting for. Now, they just fight to fight. They kill their own people. It's crazy. Something I'll never be able to wrap my mind around.


So anywho, that's about it. I'm a slave to my work, and I'm hating school. At least I have Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home